Beer, brats and Hawkeye Nation…what more do you need? Hawkeye Nation partied with the Iowa Craft Beer Tent and Brewer Family Farms (who provided the mouth-watering food) during RAGBRAI. After seeing these pictures, you’ll wish you had been there too.
Shift Interactive is a partner in Hawkeye Nation, a website devoted to covering Iowa athletics. Shift is responsible for their website, marketing and promotions; and as you can see, they put together a pretty awesome awareness campaign for the site.
For a few afternoons during the week-long bike ride across Iowa, Hawkeye Nation parked the RV in a picturesque area next to cornfields and gravel roads. They joined the Iowa Craft Beer Tent, Brewer Family Farms, and a live DJ, at three of the “party stops” during RAGBRAI. Hawkeye Nation talked to fans about their site and gave out some black and gold swag (for Iowa fans only). The freebies and the 100-port charging station Shift built attracted a ton of riders to the RV.
Our Shifters met people from all over the world: Sweden, Australia, Columbia, and Canada…and plenty from the U.S. too. We scored big when the Maryland Terps fans said they knew what Hawkeye Nation was. That’s so awesome.
A good portion of this campaign was meant to thank the loyal Hawkeye Nation followers. An estimated 90 percent of people knew what Hawkeye Nation was all about; and the other 10 percent were super interested (Looks like we didn’t need an awareness campaign after all!).
This fall, the Hawkeye Nation RV will be doing a similar tour called RVTV with Keith Murphy and WHO TV. The week leading up to the Iowa vs. Iowa State game, the Hawkeye Nation and Cyclone Fanatic RVs will be parked in a different town across the state each day. They’ll be building anticipation for the rivalry, partying with fans and hosting contests. Hawk fans taking on Clone fans might not end well, but it’ll be fun to watch!Read More »