Close your eyes and imagine “fun.” Does a planning committee come to mind? It doesn’t come to ours either, but we literally have a fun committee to plan fun.
We work hard for our clients and love the work we do. But to add balance, we make sure to have some designated fun! It’s not always easy for us to step away from our strategic planning, writing and design, so to ensure we do, we formed a fun committee!
What’s the benefit of a fun committee? “Culture is so important to PMG and it allows team members who don’t always work together to get to know each other better,” says Cody Hill, head of the fun committee.
What does the fun committee do? They plan:
- The Kickball Tournament: It starts with our designers creating some rad t-shirts for each team followed by a round-robin tournament for PMG bragging rights.
- Winetime Friday: Teams bring in wines that are entered into a bracket.
We then have a blind wine tasting to determine the winner; voting using an app our SHIFT team built!
- Company Game Watches: Sporting events on our office TVs and food and drinks in our bellies.
- Pool Tournaments: The competition is fierce at the SHIFT pool table.
What are we looking forward to? More fun:
- Winetime Friday
- The Kickball Tournament
- Game Nights
- Tailgate Party
- Cabana Party at the SHIFT Bar
Thanks to the fun committee — Cody, Jaclyn, Kaylee, Katelin and Clayton — for making sure we take the time to hang out, kick back and have a blast!